I'm not sure just how old our room is - the one I share now with Kelsey after we moved out of the deluxe luxury suite. I do know that it's indestructible, which they discovered after they attempted to knock down the entire building a few years back. They gave up on this plan, of course, and decided it would be acceptable to simply repaint the walls and let the students move on in.
The built-ins were left standing, so it was certaily no surprise to me that our dresser sits in rather poor condition. Made of a sturdy, dark-honey-colored wood, it blends in with the shelves and closets it is squashed between on our western wall - the one ironically closest to our old suite.
The drawers were impressively clean when I first saw them, with only a few crude drawings and the occassional "Jessica was here" scrawled inside with a sharpie. Now that they're jampacked full will all our clothes (my guilty splurge), I can't see any of the graffiti.
I can, however, clearly see the large chips off the corners which make some of the drawers almost impossible to open and the big gash in front where the top layer of protective enamel somehow got torn off, who knows how.
... I had written this in my notebook because my computer didn't have internet in the lab. This was as far as I got.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment